In Between
this site the web

No, I've Never Felt This Way Before

Now I've had the time of my life
No I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
and I owe it all to you

When we were in gr. 6, we used to watch her mom's old 80's movies, feelings all rebellious and such. We watched Dirty Dancing when her mom wasn't home. I'm pretty sure if her mom was to walk in, we would shut it off, leaving no trace of evidence. This was our movie...



I've been waiting for so long
Now I've finally found someone to stand by me
We saw the writing on the wall
As we felt this magical fantasy

We'd choreograph dances in her backyard. We used to stand in the windows sills in the back and dance between the two frames. She was the leader, though I had good suggestions sometimes too...

Now with passion in our eyes

There's no way we could disguise it secretly
So we take each other's hand
'Cause we seem to understand the urgency

Equal in passion, we'd whirl away into a world. Our world. 

Just remember
You're the one thing
I can't get enough of
So I'll tell you something
This could be love because

It was late(r), and the babies were sleeping, but that didn't stop us from dancing and singing around the living room. Though they scorned us when the heard the babes awake, we knew they still enjoyed it. 


With my body and soul

I want you more than you'll ever know
So we'll just let it go
Don't be afraid to lose control
Yes I know whats on your mind
When you say:
"Stay with me tonight."

They didn't like it when I stayed past visiting hours. We didn't care, and they learned not to notice. To not notice that I'm not her cousin or 18, and that the two grilled cheese and two creamsicle milkshakes weren't just because she was "really hungry". 

Just remember
You're the one thing
I can't get enough of
So I'll tell you something
This could be love because

We had each other.When we hear those songs, we'll always remember those times that we felt we shouldn't be watching, but we did. Because we could. 


'Cause I had the time of my life

No I've never felt this way before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you

This time, I, along with the lady who started it all, sang into wine bottles and broomsticks dancing in my kitchen. This time, she was(n't) there; It was(n't) the same. I couldn't help but feel

-Happy Blogger

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies